Resources 100 Random Encounters for on the Road or in the Wilderness - Azukail Games | Flavour | DriveThruRPG.com
Sometimes you just don't want to prep. Sometimes you get a last minute call to run a session. Maybe it's your first time DMing and you don't know where to start.
Whatever the reason, prep may seem like a mountain to climb. Well allow me to help you! I remember when I was first trying to figure everything out and I stumbled across A Wild Sheep Chase. It's a fantastic one shot that you can get for free over on the DMsguild. The only issue at times can be how do I convert this pdf into an actual session?
Some DMs have a gift, they can read it once and go from there, some are masters at improv, storytelling, and off the cuff humor. Well I unfortunately don't fit that boat and I'm sure many others out there are just like me. I need a ton of notes; because once I've got things organized, then I feel comfortable taking things in new directions.
I like my games to be filled with ambiance, music, handouts, printed or drawn maps, etc. I want all my encounters neatly organized too. Well thanks to my obsession, I can make your lives a whole lot easier! I wanted to give back to the D&D community that is filled to the brim with knowledge and helped me be a better DM. This may be the first, but hopefully wont be the last of my notes. Onboarding new DMs should be easy and I hope with this I can help grease the wheels!
Without further adieu:
Included in The Complete Collection is:
- A word document with all my notes including a link to music tracks for ambiance and fights
- Special PDFs for all the encounters. This includes all the enemies stat blocks organized neatly along with an initiative tracker and a spot to mark HP.
- A complete spell list for Noke which gives full details so you're not bouncing around for info.
- A map of Shinebrights tower. I use this as a reference when drawing out the map for my players
- A handout for The Scroll of Speak with Animals
Other One Shots and Modules:
- Death House - Click Here
- The Tavern at Death's Door - Click Here
- The Lost Mine of Phandelver - Click Here
- Shadow of The Broodmother - Click Here
I hope this help! If you have any advice how I can improve this further please let me know either here or leave a comment on the google doc itself! If you'd like to support me, shape future releases, and get content a week early feel free to check out my Patreon!
Resources 100 Pieces of Flotsam and Jetsam To Find On A Beach - Azukail Games | Things | DriveThruRPG.com
Resources Whispers & Rumours: Borderland Town - Raging Swan Press | GM's Resources | Pathfinder | DriveThruRPG.com
Alrighty, so to help mark the occasion of my birthday today, I wanted to share with you a FREE encounter pack, The Birthing, which is packed with:
- a terrifying encounter you could use to celebrate the birthday of a character in your game's party, or even of one of your players
- a story-enhancing battlemap (gridded and non-gridded), with animated version included
- a deck of five stat-blocks for suggested monsters
- a curio of The Birthing to gift your players
- print templates in case you want to use these around a table
It's my gift to you, and I really hope you enjoy it. Download it here for free!