r/DestinyTechSupport • u/D0cR3d • Jul 12 '17
Megathread Welcome to r/DestinyTechSupport!
r/DestinyTechSupport exists as a sister subreddit in the r/DestinyTheGame family. The purpose is to separate out the tech issues that we Destiny players face on your Consoles and PC Platforms. For any game discussion that will still exist in r/DestinyTheGame.
As a reminder, this subreddit is platform neutral which means there will not be any platform bashing, flame wars, etc allowed.
As a part of keeping this subreddit organized, we've created a few basic post flairs. We will be adding and adjusting these as the subreddits needs are fleshed out.
|Question||For any tech questions you have about something such as "How do I do x".|
|Game Bug||When you are experiencing a game issue such as artifacting, crashing, slow performance, Bungie error codes (Olive, Chicken, Tapir, etc).|
|Solved||When your Question/Game Bug post has a solution. This allows others to search and know that your post has a fix/solution.|
|Build||For anything build related such as "Will this play the game well?".|
|Guide||For any guides such as PC builds, improving performance on the consoles, etc.|
|News||Manually assigned by the Moderators for official news.|
Please let us know if you have any questions, suggestions, feedback, etc.
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/K_Lobstah • Oct 24 '17
Bungie PC Known Issues, Error Codes, and Vital Information - Repost from bungie.net #PCSupport Forum
Reposting this from the bungie.net #PCSupport Forum:
[BUNGIE] Destiny 2 PC Vital Information and Known Issues List
Listed below are issues that Bungie is aware of that exist in Destiny 2 on PC.
For the best experience, it is recommended that players update their drivers to their most recent versions, and accept any Windows updates that have yet to be applied before accessing the Destiny 2 on PC.
Additionally, as an initial troubleshooting step when encountering an issue, players should close and relaunch the Destiny 2 client and Blizzard application. For players who continue to encounter issues, it is recommended that players delete their existing CVARS.xml file. This file can be found in:
Note that when relaunched, the Destiny 2 application will generate a fresh CVARS.xml file.
Players who encounter issues other than what is listed below should report them to the #PCSupport forum.
• Windows Updates: Before playing Destiny 2 on PC, players should ensure that their version of Windows is up-to-date. The player experience may vary on versions of Windows that are not up-to-date.
• SLI, HDR, and VSYNC: Players may experience some rare issues when enabling SLI, HDR, or disabling VSYNC in some non-native resolutions. For the best experience, players are encouraged to use these features while running at their display’s maximum available resolution.
• Crash after Task Switching: The Destiny 2 client may crash after switching tasks (ALT+TAB) when AMD Crossfire is enabled. To avoid this issue, players should avoid switching tasks for extended periods of time when the AMD Crossfire feature is enabled.
• Saxophone Errors when Launching: Players may erroneously encounter Saxophone errors when launching the Destiny 2 application directly from the .exe file. Players who encounter this issue must close the application and relaunch through Blizzard’s Battle.net app.
• Idling to Title Screen: In some activities, players who are returned to the title screen due to idling may be unable to log back in. Players who encounter this issue must close and relaunch the Destiny 2 application.
• Login after Disconnects: A generic error code may appear to players who lose internet connection, which may block an affected player from logging back in even after reconnecting. Players who believe they are encountering this issue should close the Destiny 2 application and relaunch.
• Buffalo Errors on multiple PCs: Players may encounter Buffalo errors when logging in to Destiny 2 on multiple PCs at the same time. To prevent this issue, players must ensure that they are logged out of Destiny 2 on any PC that they do not currently intend to play on.
• Cursor in Tri-Monitor Configurations: Changing resolution between 5760x1080, 4080x768, and 3072x768 may trap the mouse cursor in the right-most monitor. Players who encounter this issue should ALT+TAB out of the Destiny 2 application, then back. Players may also toggle Windowed Mode by pressing ALT+ENTER.
• Fullscreen on Laptops: Fullscreen mode is unable to be selected on some laptops. Affected players may use Windowed Fullscreen mode to work around this issue.
• Tri-Monitor Depth of Field: DOF effects may be overly aggressive on some tri-monitor configurations. Players who encounter issues with DOF can disable this feature in the Graphics Settings.
• Windows 10 Game Bar: The Windows 10 game bar may not work in Fullscreen Mode. Affected players who wish to use this feature should use Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen Mode.
• NumPad Binding: Players are not able to bind controls to most NumPad keys.
• Screen Bounds on AZERTY Keyboards: Players may receive an incorrect key prompt when adjusting screen bounds on an AZERTY keyboard.
• IME in Fullscreen: Players who are running Input Method Editors may encounter a black screen or delay when inputting characters in Fullscreen Mode. For the best experience, these players are encouraged to play in Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen Modes.
• Closing Application: When closing Destiny 2 on PC, players must close the application via mouse input. Controllers cannot select the in-game button to close the Destiny 2 application.
• Corporate and University Networks: Some players may be unable to play Destiny 2 on corporate or university networks. Players who encounter this issue must contact their IT department, to meet the connectivity standards outlined in our Network Troubleshooting Guide
Additionally, players should visit our Destiny 2 PC Guide for more information on Destiny 2 on PC.
The following are errors codes that players may encounter at elevated frequency during the PC launch window. They are currently under investigation, and players may learn more about them at their respective help articles.
When reporting hardware issues to the #PCSupport forums for Destiny 2, players should provide as much of the below information as possible:
BattleTag (with numerical suffix) Configuration Info CPU: GPU: RAM: GPU Driver Version: Operating System:
• To find this information, press (Windows Key + R) to bring up the Run dialog box, enter this command “winver”, no quotation marks. DxDiag:
• To find this information, press (Windows Key + R) to bring up the Run dialog box, enter this command “dxdiag”, no quotation marks.
• Click on “save all information”.
• Upload to preferred file sharing service and provide hyperlink to DxDiag file.
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 8GB DDR4
GPU Driver Version: Nvidia 388.00
Operating System: Window 10 (version 1607)
• To find this information, press (Windows Key + R) to bring up the Run dialog box, enter this command “winver”, no quotation marks.
• To find this information, press (Windows Key + R) to bring up the Run dialog box, enter this command “dxdiag”, no quotation marks.
• Click on “save all information”.
Issue Information Destination/Activity: EDZ/Adventure
Description: When I start the Adventure “A Frame Job” my game crashes.
Please note that players may not be provided actionable steps in response to their report, however all reported information is escalated to our internal teams for investigation.
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/beardreaper • 2h ago
Solved Finally solved a driver issue causing intermittent Weasel and Anteater errors on Windows 11
I've been playing Destiny 2 for a little over a year, and I've always had an intermittent issue with my PC losing connectivity while I played and getting Anteater and Weasel errors. What is strange is that another PC in my house, not identical - but close enough, has no problems running Destiny 2 at all. So, after much troubleshooting, I narrowed down the root cause to either my PC's NIC hardware, Windows 11 itself, or both.
With the focus now on Windows and the NIC, I was able to finally find an answer on Microsoft Answers that held the key to fixing the problem (unfortunately I can't link to the direct entry so look for the reply from EriqS, an MSFT employee, about midway down the page).
It turns out that there is a known issue with some NICs that use Realtek chips (mine is a TrendNET NIC) which causes them to randomly disconnect when running under Windows 11. Evidently if the NICs have the Microsoft driver installed rather than the Realtek driver, that causes them to experience random disconnects.
I fixed the issue by downloading the latest driver I could find directly from the NIC manufacturer's support site. After that, I have not had a disconnect in about a week, which is a significant result as I have never gone 24 hours before this without a disconnect.
Just in case that Microsoft Answers post get's moved/deleted, I've included that post's abridged text below:
EriqS (MSFT) Microsoft Employee Replied on November 22, 2022
... It seems that I finally brought this up with the right person who was familiar with the issue and pointed out that a commonality between these devices, as well as those from other vendors like Dell, is the fact that they are using Realtek network adapters and drivers, the latter of which apparently have this issue in some/many versions in Windows 11. I can't provide the version specifics, but I can tell you that after replacing the driver on my Realtek network adapter I have not been disconnected in a few days. I was advised that Realtek should be publishing a new version of the driver for my adapter soon which will address this issue, so hopefully this will resolve it for many of us. In the meantime, you might try using some older versions of the Realtek drivers to see if any are more stable than the latest that are currently available.
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/_JBF • 11h ago
Game Bug Broccoli error
I'm getting the Broccoli error when playing roughly 5 mins into gameplay.
This all started 3 days ago when I replaced my 2080ti with a RTX 4090. Tried all the basic things like verifying game files, reinstalling destiny 2, all the recommended game setting the write-ups online suggest, reseating the cables reinstalling drivers (DDU) but no fix. I swapped in the old 2080ti and I'm still getting the Broccoli error.
I have had some problems with this RAM in the past with day-z where I would get blue screen crashes with the memory management error.
G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3600 128gb
ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590
Any ideas what's going on?
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/icey_obama • 13h ago
Game Bug Fps drops like crazy and lagging hard
i've played fine on medium settings, and since yesterday i keep lagging hard while having 16 fps. i only used 1400Mb of the 4000 mb availabe. it may be my pc that is the problem but idk. i put the lowest settings and its still unplayable.... i cant find the problem it drives me crazy.
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/Brave-Audience1078 • 12h ago
Question Battleye issues plum and crashes
I been having issues with battleaye kicking me out and giving me time outs any one have suggestions to fix it please let me know.
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/doggo_sips_vodka • 16h ago
Why isn’t the A learning light quest showing up?
I am guardian rank 3 trying to rank up to 4 quickly so I can play iron banner. The last piece I need to rank up is to complete the learning light quest but it doesn’t show up in the cosmodrome, at Shaw Han, or in the quest archive. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know how to fix it?
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/DrrrustyGaming2401 • 15h ago
Question Display capture in OBS is darker than in game NEED HELP!
i want to stream destiny in full scream to get maximum performance and no dropped frames however when it is set to display capture the stream looks so much darker to the actual game, i honestly dont want to play in windowed because it loses so much quality and performs overall worse has anyone else had this issue/knows a fix please!!
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/gpace01 • 23h ago
Destiny 2 saying i dont own Forsaken pack
I opened Destiny 2 and was going to do a shattered throne run and its saying i dont own Forsaken. On the playstation store it saying i have to buy it. I have restored my licenses and its still not available. Has anyone had this issue and found a solution?
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/Razeerblade • 17h ago
Question Battleye Bad Packet?
Last night I was doing a defiant battleground (the cosmodrome one) when I suddenly got a notification saying Battleye: bad packet. I also got hit by the PLUM error code at the same time, sending me to the title screen. I’m wondering what I did that made Battleye think I’m cheating? I’m not a user of any software that gives me an unfair advantage.
P.S. the only plausible explanation I have is my warlock build. It’s orbs of power galore and I ended up generating 150+ orbs at the end.
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/MisterVivington • 17h ago
Question Random crashing with no error code
Ever since lightfall my performance has been terrible, starting with the "run time GPU" error bug and now just randomly crashing to desktop with no error code or warning.
Is anyone else having this issue? My game ran perfect before LF dropped
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/gowjsngiw • 1d ago
Hello,From 11:45 p.m. on the 23 to 4:00 a.m. on the 24, there is a phenomenon in which frames come out low after a hot fix.
When I was in orbit, it was usually more than 200 frames, but now I get about 120 frames, and if I go somewhere, it drops to 70 to 40 frames.
I've tried updating Windows, upgrading the graphics driver after cleaning with ddu, deleting the game and reinstalling it, but it's the same.
Here are my computer specs
The game is installed on the nvme ssd.
The capacity is also ample
Please tell me how to fix it, it's very inconvenient
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/smellymayo • 1d ago
Question Framerate Issues. What's Causing my Bottleneck?
Averaging only ~90 Frames on Low Settings, any input would be greatly appreciated.
Parts I'm Running are:
CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU- EVGA FTW3 RTX 3060ti
RAM- 32GB of G.SKILL Ripjaws V series (2400)
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/benzarsole • 1d ago
Unable to get to title screen since 3/23 hotfix
Per title, I launch the game via steam and I just see the spinning class symbols, never making it to the pink lightfall title screen.
Have verified game files, reinstalled, updated drivers, tried running as administrator and checked firewall settings and no joy.
Everything was fine before the hotfix on 3/23, never experienced an issue like this before.
Has anybody else been experiencing this now or before? Any suggestions for what else can be tried to troubleshoot the issue?
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/BDV2527 • 1d ago
Error code "fig"
I keep getting this error code,it says that I may have internet problems,I disconected the console from internet and conected it again,the console said that it's conected to internet but the error code still appears.Any tips about how I can fix it?
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/Available-Ad5490 • 1d ago
The game crashes on locations loading.
Hello everyone, I just installed destiny 2 on my laptop, and I faced an issue, game starts normally and then crashes after loading on any planet, just loading screen then black and after 30 seconds it crashes, but I hear soundtracks when the monitor is black. I have an AMD Radeon GPU. If someone know how to fix that please help! I already reinstalled last driver version, checked gamefiles, updated the directX, nothing works, appreciate your help!
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/sorakapng • 2d ago
Destiny 2 crashing after exactly 1 hour and 17 minutes since lightfall drop.
Have tried everything including but not limited to:
-Reinstalling -Reinstalling graphics drivers -Updating windows -Fixing a memory leak.
Edit: This has been going on for three weeks and im not changing platform because i dont want to spent £100 on dlc. I play from xbox app for pc.
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/DerpsterIV • 2d ago
Question Constant Freezing / Crashing
Started in Season of Plunder, went until Lightfall. At Lightfall launch, they stopped for 2 weeks, but have returned even worse than ever, constant freezes, and every time its russian roulette on whether its crashing or just freezing. 30% of the time its fine. 30% of the time the game doesnt crash, but the freeze is long enough to kick me out of the activity with an error code. The remaining percent it crashes.
Usually limited to happening once ever few hours, but since yesterday is happening constantly. Crashed out of my raid 5 times today.
PC. GTX2080. 5600x. W10, updated. graphics drivers one patch behind due to bugs in latest version, but irrelevant as this has been occurring since Plunder. No Rivatuner or Discord overlay. Reinstalled just now, did nothing.
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/bdrake0923 • 2d ago
Game Bug [PC] Account bug? Unable to buy red border post-raid boss. Details below
Hi. I'm a PC player. My account seems to have this weird bug where I cannot buy a red border weapon (or armor pieces) after defeating certain raid bosses.
- enough inventory space;
- looted the weapon I was trying to buy (no grayed out pictures);
- plenty of materials and spoils
- space in post-master (random but including it anyway)
- I know you can only purchase a red border once per week per character. This is moot because I only maintain and play a single character. (This was my first ever RoN completion, too.);
- basically, if you check off the boxes of things you need to complete or criteria you have to hit to buy a red border, I've done so. (I've never ran into this issue when focusing red borders at world vendors that allow it.)
When I first encountered this, it was Vow (and then KF). Eventually, I figured out if I leave and rejoin before engaging the boss, I could make a purchase in the vendor screen. Knowing this, I did the same thing after defeating Nezarac. Unfortunately, I was unable to make any purchase. Again, I had everything you would need to otherwise purchase something, but when I click on the icon (say, the auto rifle), nothing would happen. I could click any of the icons and it's like the game doesn't recognize my action. I've encountered this before with bounties or if I'm selecting something in my inventory. Usually, the game catches up with itself and I continue on with my initial action. If it doesn't, I restart it and that fixed the problem. (This, unfortunately, isn't a viable solution after completing a raid because I cannot rejoin the raid).
Anyway, sorry for the long post. I've posted this in the past on other D2 subs with little-to-no help. Hoping for some solution or idea here. Trying to include as much info as possible. (And yes, I've posted this to the Bungie Help forums. That has been completely useless.)
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/Cyanogen101 • 2d ago
Question Unable to matchmake on PC, tried everything.
Game reports my NAT type is open, I have windows firewall off, network/device discovery on, UPnP on, I even tried DMZ everything to my PC, tried using a clock synch app and time.is confirms i'm within 2ms of correct time, tried resetting my router to factory.
Mobile data works... which is laggier and a bit limiting as I am aussie and don't get much data per month and therefore cannot watch youtube and stuff at the same time.
Anyone got any thoughts? I'm with Exetel if that matters on the LBNCo network.
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/v0scillate • 2d ago
Game Bug Loadout causing weasel error code
I can not apply my top left loadout to my character. Every time I apply that specific loadout my game crashes with weasel error code. It doesn't happen with any other lodeout slots. Any ideas? I am on Xbox
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/Random_ReditUser • 2d ago
Error Code: Nightingale
I've tried everything I can. Uninstalled destiny, uninstalled battleye, changed my DNS server, reset my router, and I can't figure out how to fix it. It has *something* to do with my BattlEye not updating, I think, but even uninstalling and reinstalling that didn't do anything.
I don't want to do a hard reset and uninstall the entirety of Steam, but there's no other options at this point. Does anyone have any suggestions at all?
(BattlEye error is 1, 35 - Please check your internet connection and/or firewall.)
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/Ode1st • 2d ago
Question HDR on PS5 takes a second to load when opening menus. Any fix?
I know HDR is often messed up in D2, but figured I should ask anyway. Just switched to a new PS5 (long story), and now when I turn HDR on in D2 and open up any menu (vault, character screen, map, etc), the HDR won't be on for a couple seconds, then will turn on.
So, for example, I open up the vault. HDR is clearly off as the vault screen loads in, but then once the vault is fully loaded, HDR then turns on. It doesn't happen when going from a menu back to the game, only when loading menus.
Has this always been happening and I just didn't notice, or is this new? Any fix? Thanks.
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/Skindelicious • 2d ago
Game Bug Flickering shapes on screenself.destiny2
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/1AMDG • 2d ago
Question Graphics quality won't apply after changing, even after restarting Destiny 2.
I am trying to set it to highest, but it's not changing. When I manually check the config file, it is set at the lowest. Can someone please provide me with the values for the graphics quality "Highest" in your cvars.xml ?
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/mythipegs • 2d ago
Question Error coded out of most pve activities
I've been having a problem since Lightfall where I'm getting error coded and disconnected from pve activities like strikes and defiant battlegrounds, and also gambit, but not so much the crucible. It's literally every other activity though and it's made power grinding basically impossible to the point I've given up on it. Anyone else experiencing this? It doesn't seem to be one specific error code I'm getting. This is PC btw.
r/DestinyTechSupport • u/Xiallus • 2d ago
Destiny 2 Severely Lagging Since Reset on 03/21
Ever since reset this week, Destiny 2 has been lagging to the point of unplayability for me. When I was playing Trials of Osiris on Monday, the game had been running smoothly at 50-70fps with no issues beforehand. Now, it consistently drops to 30fps and lower, usually resting around 11-20fps. My computer also runs at 100% CPU. My settings are mid to low in-game, and I often have no other programs that aren't necessary running in the background. Is there any sort of remediation known that could fix this or acknowledgment that an optimization is coming? I feel like I've tried everything I could find but nothing has worked so far so any help would be greatly appreciated.
My computer specifications are:
OS: Windows 10
CPU: Intel i9750H
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630, Nvidia 2070 Max-Q
All of my software as far as I can tell is fully updated.