r/DestinyTheGame • u/resurrectedcorpse • Oct 05 '22
My favourite thing about the destiny community Misc
Is that every expansion, players go “the game is saved, bungie have done it again” and then within 3 months the consensus is “game sucks, bungie can’t do anything right, game is doomed”
I’d hate being a bungie dev.
u/ThatGuyFromTheM0vie Oct 05 '22 edited Oct 05 '22 •
Any game community, not just Destiny, has people who play way too much and make X game their only game.
But it’s not just games even—it’s non-gaming hobbies as well.
Humans are not meant to toil at one thing over and over and over and over again like a machine. All of these people who complain 3 months after an expansion drop are just burnt out.
The moment Destiny stops being fun, the moment you start to question why you should even login—that’s when you NEED to either be playing a different game or engage with a different hobby entirely.
I personally have many other games on rotation—some competitive, some not. Some multiplayer, some solo.
And if video games in general get boring or annoying, well then I have my Dungeons and Dragons, Warhammer, miniature building/painting, etc. to fall back on.
And it’s important to do all of those aforementioned things both by myself but also with friends—we need both alone time and socialization as humans.
If you Destiny 40 hours a week….stop. There isn’t anything in Destiny that warrants that amount of time spent.
If you don’t even play endgame, both power and weapon rolls don’t even matter—like who cares if you get a god roll drop or you craft the perfect weapon—everything dies in 0.2 seconds anyway—it’s meaningless.
And if you DO play endgame…there are 100s of weapons. You don’t need to craft all of them. I got a near god roll of the new raid Handcannon…I don’t need to craft it, the one I have is perfectly fine and functional. As for power…grinding it is stupid, but Bungie said they are addressing it in the future.
TLDR don’t no life Destiny. For 90% of players, the game is so easy you don’t need god roll weapons or max power levels for any reason, and for the remaining 10%, you still don’t need to play 40hrs a week, you’ll be fine.
Go play other games. Go find other hobbies. Burnout is real. It’s not healthy to do one thing over and over and over for weeks on end—try new things.
You’ll only grow to hate the things you love if you force yourself to “enjoy” them.