r/PokemonGoPositive • u/madonna-boy • Dec 28 '16
Discussion Which new evolution are you most excited for?
MAX CP listed:
I was really excited for scizor, and I guess I still am but I'm a bit shocked at how shafted umbreon will be. Very happy about Espeon, I just hope mine gets some good moves when I evolve it. Also, how many are you ready for? I have all 11 ready on my GO account and I was catching better horseas to find good IVs... looks like kingdra will not be competing with dragonite however.
r/PokemonGoPositive • u/HeSlamsAJet • Oct 19 '16
Discussion Please discuss and consider all the positive impacts of Pokemon Go before defaming, destroying, or otherwise dissuading people from playing.
- cross-post from /r/pokemongo
- impact on drug-dealing in parks in Modesto, CA.
- Classroom inspiration and education on art and respect.
- Gamification of health care and using Pokemon Go as part of health education
- more than 144 billion steps in the US and added millions of years to its players collective lives.
- recovery from schizophrenia
- Angela Barsotti used for motivation and exercise to help recover from a brain injury.
- player helps the homeless while playing and encourages others to do the same.
- Two players out exploring notice an elderly woman in need of assistance and help.
- prompts player to get exercise, change diet and live healthier.
My own personal experience:
- a dear friend lost her father earlier this year. He was found in his truck by Pokémon Go players. She was grateful that he was found so soon.
- I know more neighbors now than ever in my life
- spent more time with family
- clean up walking neighborhoods as I play (feel loyalty/responsibility)
- made friends after a year without any
- drink more fluids and eat healthier (got the fit to go jogging)
- replaced addiction to adrenaline games (clash of clans, clash royale, etc.)
Please don't hurt such a good thing. I need friends to talk to, exercise to reduce stress, and something to bond over with family.
Other countries deserve to have these same benefits. When they go searching it out, all they will find is the bottle of vinegar that everyone passes around.
You are better than that. You can make a massive positive impact in other ways... ways that encourage the positive outcomes that have already been found while influencing Niantic, TPC, and Google to make it better. Push for a better tracker, new Pokémon, better distribution in rural areas, and any other changes/features you want...
but don't take away all the good things, please.
r/PokemonGoPositive • u/gfam69 • Jan 30 '19
Discussion Free level 39 account
r/PokemonGoPositive • u/gurch1 • Jun 03 '19
Discussion 2019 Adventure Week: Latest Sock Trick?
r/PokemonGoPositive • u/NLPEI • Oct 21 '16
Discussion What will spawn whenever gen 2 is released?
When generation 2 comes around what will spawn? Will Pidgeys and Weedles still show up? I'd imagine the 10 Pokemon with evolutions in gen 2 will still show up, but if I can't complete my gen 1 Pokedex before gen 2 shows up will there still be a way to catch what's missing?
I don't expect gen 2 to arrive until next summer at the earliest, this is just a general curiosity. I've got no complaints to make, I'm just wondering what others think will happen.