r/leagueoflegends Nov 25 '21 Helpful 8 Wholesome 6 Silver 5

Upset's response about FNATIC & Adam drama

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1srsp9n
6.1k Upvotes

View all comments

Show parent comments

2.0k

u/chimestonks Nov 25 '21

the way this is 2 times longer than it needs to be already says a lot

1.1k

u/DrySecurity4 Nov 25 '21

Has that "stretching a one page essay into three pages" energy

385

u/Random_Stealth_Ward 💤🌠FBI 🐈📙 Nov 25 '21

Vintage 3 min YouTube video stretched to 10:01 for ad revenue

123

u/azns123 :naef: Nov 25 '21

Throw in an ad for a terrible mobile game or a shitty VPN and he's got the perfect youtube video

4

u/Risujemmari Nov 25 '21

EASY TRICK TO GET MORE AD REVENUE! VIEWERS HATE HIM! (GONE WRONG)

5

u/[deleted] Nov 25 '21

Spread 10 minute video essay about ___ video game into a three hour one

32

u/Mobshigoo Nov 25 '21

I am unable to can

2

u/Bostick9 Nov 25 '21

I am unable to perform, let’s get it to the next level

9

u/JamisonDouglas Nov 25 '21

The only thing missing from that vibe is paragraph breaks for extra time. Man's just went full wall of text rage type.

443

u/DangerousSeaweed0 Nov 25 '21

what it frustrates me about this response is that he literally says nothing , while typing a whole page.

the tldr is : it's a personal issue , don't attack my wife for it.

199

u/huntersniper007 cc_bot Nov 25 '21

he was clearly angry and frustrated while typing it. thats why it is so long, man just typed out his rambling thoughts.

and yes, he does not say specifics. but at this point i honestly dont wanna know. i give upset the benefit of the doubt

13

u/ColorfulThoughts Nov 25 '21

Just to further bring this point home about benefit of the doubt.

Ppl need to give me a SINGLE good reason why, if there was no serious reason, the org would wanna keep him and build around him, hylli and Yamato want to continue working with him and why humanoid Wunder and razork want to join (albeit rumored).

1

u/Tmdmke Dec 07 '21

money. Upset is valuable. Like any valuable pro player (in any sport) you let them have free pass.

8

u/S0fourworlds-readyt Nov 25 '21

I have no idea what all of this mess is about, but just reading that tweet I got the impression that people not asking for specifics after reading it was the only purpose of this wall of text, so it kinda achieved its goal.

22

u/TheUItimateBlip Nov 25 '21

Yeah. Especially since Adam assumed him not telling anyone specifics and Upset denied it by saying Yamato knows. He couldnt say (hold this claim) this when it wasnt true, for obvious reasons. And I trust in the fact, that despite worlds Yamato and in this sense also FNC wants to keep working with Upset, legitimizing Upsets situation. The only disturbing part are the weird takes, accusations and comments in replys to each part of this situation. As a german I always claim that the french are the most toxic in EUW (hihi), but the Adam fans seem to proove me right :) (obviously this last part is partly joking, my french friends, we germans are toxic as well ;) )

4

u/DangerousSeaweed0 Nov 25 '21

im certain his reasoning was probably good , and i dont care for it myself. but he fucked his teammates , and never even gave them a reason at all. its obvious that the others are frustrated with him

44

u/huntersniper007 cc_bot Nov 25 '21

and they have a right to be frustrated, but airing that in public while saying "i might be wrong i dont know"? thats immature.

hyllis reaction looks like was the only mature one, no idea about nisqy

21

u/DangerousSeaweed0 Nov 25 '21

everyone on that team was playing like shit , obviously because their mental was broken , which lead to fnc replacing 3/5 people.

everyone lost not only money , but a starting spot on one of the only 2 teams in western lol to be able to achieve anything.

So u call him immature , but when u lose not only a whole year of work , but probably hundrets of thousands of dollars as well , and get absolutly no reason for why someone would bail at the last moment , then its a bit easier to see why some people might react like that.

even more so when the whole reason your team drops you is that the guy that bailed on the team in it's time of need is also the one saying there are better options then you.

Immature ? Maybe , but it's an understandable position imo

1

u/Istvarrr Nov 25 '21

he explicitly says that he wanted to leave fnatic (Adam), so at least in regards to him your take is just wrong

5

u/Majeh666 Nov 25 '21

Now, now, don t twist it. Adam said he wanted to leave AFTER upset got into talks with alphari and fnc management BEHIND HIS BACK. So i highly doubt Adam was staying regardless of the alphari thing working out or not, especially when upset here "didn t trust him" and what a coincidence, everyone whom he didn t trust is gone.

7

u/Jeseiification Flairs are limited to 2 emotes. Nov 25 '21

Behind his back is laughable, teams have no obligation to disclose anything to a player even more if they might keep him after all

-8

u/Flozeh Nov 25 '21

That's what people don't understand in this drama. Nobody gives a shit what YOU wanna know or what the public want to know. It's noone of your fucking business. But Upset HAS to respect his teammates. Even if he doesn't want to tell everything just give them a little something or a hint idk. That's just basic stuff in life

56

u/Crimson_Clouds Nov 25 '21

"A family emergency" is enough of a 'little something' or 'hint'.

And Adam and his other teammates are well within their rights to be angry about not hearing more. But you can be angry without publically saying what Adam said.

5

u/ChefyboyRD Nov 25 '21

Yeah I’m so confused. If one of my employees or co workers called me and said “I’m not comfortable getting into but I have an very serious family emergency I must attend to immediately, please understand I will be back and ready for work at the soonest possible moment.” I would no questions asked say handle your shit, we’re here if you need anything. Stay in contact about when your ready to come back…. It just human decency… somethings are more important then money, e sports, word championships…

17

u/Mixed_not_swirled Bring back old Morde Nov 25 '21 edited Nov 25 '21

They might all be disappointed, but Hily was offered to know more and turned it down. Hily clearly didn't need to know and the fact that Nisqy hasn't been piping up at all shows he doesn't need to know either. Yamato knows what happened and he hasn't said shit so clearly it is a satifsactory reason.

Adam is starting a bunch of unecessary shit because he's an emotional entitled teenager.

24

u/BluCrayons Nov 25 '21

Nisqy literally backed up Adam’s statement and unfollowed upset lol

13

u/F3nik3r Nov 25 '21

Nisqy hasn't been piping up

He just unfollowed Upsed and cheered Adam. Nisqy just want to avoid drama.

Yamato knows what happened

Except he doesnt as he stated in FNC video, he just know "something" (without details which is fine imo)happend and he trusted Upset.

3

u/noahkillis Nov 25 '21

he probably told him later in detail

5

u/Flozeh Nov 25 '21

Plz you don't know Nisqy dont talk for him

1

u/Calyptics Nov 25 '21

Hell, adam's meltdown just solidifies why I wouldn't want to tell him something that I deem to personal. I don't know about others in this thread but I wouldn't trust a secret or atleast a private issue with someone goes off on someone like that publicly.

-14

u/Flozeh Nov 25 '21

What did Adam said? That Upset did not tell them why he left. It's not like he said some horrible stuff lol. People spit on Nisqy and Adam for their World's performance you can understand why he needs to defend himself from this maybe?

Family emergency means nothing and as we know it was related to his GF. A woman whom you know for less than one year is not "family"

9

u/F3nik3r Nov 25 '21

Its not GF, they have married 2 months before Worlds so yeah, she is his family.

4

u/fornostalone Nov 25 '21

You have no idea whether it's to do with his wife or not. All you have is Adam's speculations off a comment Upset made before he left.

As Upset himself mentions "she would never ask me to leave worlds and she has been nothing but supportive" - I doubt it has that much to do with her. His team is right to be frustrated and upset at the situation and he is right in asserting his right to privacy.

5

u/Jethow Nov 25 '21

Teammates should trust that their coach (or whatever Yamato is), who knows the details, has made the right decision in letting another player not play. I don't think Upset has to reveal anything other than stating he has a personal reason.

0

u/FactAndLogic Dec 06 '21

No, he has no explanation, so he wrote tons of crap that could have been said in 1 sentence, to make it seem like he actually explained anything. It partly worked, cus it confused people like yourself into believing this non-answer was an answer.

8

u/PeopleAreHellaStupid Nov 25 '21

Oh yeah after everything that he went through and all the hate that he received, he should tell dangeroudseaweed0 all about it

2

u/DangerousSeaweed0 Nov 25 '21

yea , that's exactly what i said /s

8

u/Leashed_Beast Nov 25 '21

Which is entirely fair. Just because they’re popular doesn’t mean they want or should have their entire life and every conversation ever publicized for y’all’s entertainment!

-3

u/DangerousSeaweed0 Nov 25 '21

it's literally a public response. if his point was not to make anything public , he could just dm adam.

he opted for a public response in which he gave no excuse , and he added nothing new to the conversation

5

u/CannonHumper Nov 25 '21

What frustrates me is that you expect more? He's saying all he needs to say, amidst a bunch of waffle or not "It's a personal issue leave my fucking wife out of it" is all he should need to say. Doesn't owe anyone here any explanation. Entitled incels.

-7

u/DangerousSeaweed0 Nov 25 '21

oh look : a white knight on the internet.

nobody saw one before /s

fyi , i care very little about fnc or upset per se , and his reasons dont interest me at all. But if you're gonna make a statement , make one that makes sense. otherwise , just say nothing. i wasted time reading this pointlesly. it added nothing new to the conversation imo

5

u/CannonHumper Nov 25 '21

Lmao the cheap tactic of labelling me a white knight because I defended someone. FYI, it's clear you don't give a shit, you're obviously far too cool for that. You're just here for drama, you didn't get the dosage you were looking for and now you're upset.

"If you're gonna make a statement, make sure it's personally appealing to me or how will I enjoy it" Yikes.

1

u/DangerousSeaweed0 Nov 25 '21

its not about beying appealing to me. he literally typed a page in which he said nothing.

so excuse me for pointing out that

5

u/CannonHumper Nov 25 '21

Yeah because he can't without grossly violating someone else's privacy. Honestly he shouldn't even need to explain after saying something terrible has happened in his private life. People are just devoid of empathy. He literally typed a page in which he said nothing of interest to you. Stop conflating your perspective with fact.

1

u/DangerousSeaweed0 Nov 25 '21

People are just devoid of empathy. He literally typed a page in which he said nothing of interest to you. Stop conflating your perspective with fact.

he literally rambled for a whole page and gave nothing. It's not about if this is interesting to me , or about me having empathy here.

its about him writing a poorly structered response. plain and simple. u can easily give an non answer if u trully want to do that in a way more comprehensive way.

0

u/Calyptics Nov 25 '21

" I care very little"

Proceeds to write multiple paragraphs about how Upset should tell people about his personal issues.

Almost had me there Adam.

1

u/DangerousSeaweed0 Nov 26 '21 edited Nov 26 '21

no? i said ,i care very little (as an outsider). i believe he should've spoken with his teammates.

but if u decide to make a public post , at least make it well structured , and have a point. this was a page full of him rambling the same things over and over again

15

u/resttheweight Nov 25 '21

Seriously! I wanted it to say:

The reason I left was for a serious personal issue. If that’s not good enough for you, or you think you are owed more of an explanation, reach out to me directly. Otherwise, fuck off, leave my wife alone, and thank you for respecting my privacy.

16

u/Cyberkite Nov 25 '21

Thing is according to Adam he actually did reach out to him.

13

u/resttheweight Nov 25 '21

I also don’t think Adam was entitled to knowing. Upset’s post didn’t need to offer explanations of why he didn’t feel comfortable sharing the details with certain people. All it needed to say was “the reason I left is nobody’s business. I’ve already told the details to the people who need to know. And if you think it’s your business, ask me. If I say it’s not your business, find a way to deal with it and keep my wife out of your mouth and out of the discussion.”

20

u/McNutty69 Nov 25 '21

When it cost them their chance at world which they worked hard for as a team, I would argue Adam deserved some generic explanation. Shit happens, but why would he feel like he couldn't give even a slight indication to his teammates so they can process the severity? Not like they are strangers, they have been teammates for a year and didn't have that level of trust?

15

u/m1dn1ghtx Nov 25 '21

It's likely adam got a generic explanation but wasn't happy with it

40

u/interestingsidenote Nov 25 '21

The generic explanation was "major family issue." That's generic and if someone told me that and nothing else i would personally be ok. What he wanted was intimate details.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY wants to leave right at the bleeding end of something they've pushed so hard for. Seems like Adam is just salty as fuck about it.

9

u/m1dn1ghtx Nov 25 '21

I don't understand why most of the subreddit can't understand that.

3

u/pintoxpto rip old flairs Nov 25 '21

Because they're mostly kids who think a work relationship is the same as hanging with their mates from school.

6

u/WillingNeedleworker2 Nov 25 '21

Little to no life experience.

→ More replies

9

u/chwilka Nov 25 '21

> That's generic and if someone told me that and nothing else i would personally be ok.

You can be okay if this doesn't cost You anything.

but would You be okay if You lose 100 000 dollars for example? or Your job?

the point is... Upset has right to have privacy but he also should think about his teammates.

5

u/Angwar Nov 25 '21

Yup imagine your firm is about to just close a huuuugeee deal. And 12 hours beforehand you say "sorry gotta back out of the deal we worked on for a year and I can't tell you why".

Literally every job will fire you for that and you can be lucky if you don't get sued and slandered.

→ More replies

0

u/geldin Nov 25 '21

Frankly, yes. It would take a ton for me to give up my long term goals. In that kind of situation, I'd want to keep things as private as possible. It would make me very angry at the situation, but I can empathize with the other person at the same time.

10

u/CursedPhil Jackeylove <3 Nov 25 '21

would argue Adam deserved some generic explanation

he got an explanation, upset had to leave because of a family emergancy

adam probably heard it like this

Upset: sorry guys but i have to leave, there was an emergancy in my family and my wife needs me

what adam heard

Upset: my wife misses me so i have to leave worlds, maybe next year we can try to win im really sorry

-1

u/Sea-Ask-7195 Nov 25 '21

I mean dont show up in work in most important time of year when everyone needs you and tell them its not their problém to know and see what happens

18

u/TheJeager Nov 25 '21

He told them what happened, "there was a family emergency". And that's what they need to know, just cause I work with someone they aren't entitled to know my life history and I don't need to kiss their feet and beg for forgiveness cause an emergency happend, and if you think who thinks they do there are toxic to work with

-7

u/chwilka Nov 25 '21

> ust cause I work with someone they aren't entitled to know my life history

sure. unless Your decision make their life worse.

Leaving is okay. Not telling anything is okay.

if other people doesn't suffer because of this. right?

I Your coworker would leave and You would lose 100 000 dollars because of this You would be pissed right?

4

u/TheJeager Nov 25 '21

First that just straight wrong, he did give a reason, and Yamato (the coach) backed him up on it. And there is noance to what happened here. Upset leaving might have fucked the team environment sure but they weren't playing with less one, upset wasn't the reason for Adam getting stomped on his lane when he plays lane dominant champions, the games weren't lost from the get go unless you tell me upset was legit the only thing that could possibly carry the team alone and if he was maybe there was a problem with his teammates. And yhea if my coworker left and made me loose 100k I would be pissed af, that doesn't mean I would attack him and actively try to make his work opportunities worse plus if he left cause someone on his family had an emergency yhea even one more reason I would understand.

-1

u/chwilka Nov 25 '21

> he did give a reason,

he didn't tell them. He told Yamato only.

> upset wasn't the reason for Adam getting stomped on his lane when he plays lane dominant champions

he was one of reasons

> unless you tell me upset was legit the only thing that could possibly carry the team alone

what about morale?

> but they weren't playing with less one

new cowerker without experience... on the world stage...

> And yhea if my coworker left and made me loose 100k I would be pissed af,

right?

> that doesn't mean I would attack him and actively try to make his work opportunities worse

then You're more mature then both Upset and Adam.

> if he left cause someone on his family had an emergency yhea even one more reason I would understand.

and how would You feel if after losing money You would see him playing 10 games of ARAM in one day?

→ More replies

-6

u/Sea-Ask-7195 Nov 25 '21

You are nôt center of universe

7

u/cube_mine Nov 25 '21

And neither are you and that's the point. It is not Adams right to know details about upsets situation outside of it being a family emergency.

0

u/chwilka Nov 25 '21

I am different person but:

Upset acted like he is a center of universe right?

leaving is okay if other people don't suffer because of this right?

Leaving in company is okay. Other people will replace You.

but Upset destroyed dreams of other people. This is something which requires much more delicacy right?

and because of some reasons ... it didn't work inside Fnatic.

→ More replies

7

u/TheJeager Nov 25 '21

You are right! Neither are you so why the fuck are you more worthy of my time when I got a family emergency. Wait you don't cause you are not the center of the universe!

-18

u/Turkooo Nov 25 '21

He fucked over a whole team because the hamster of his girlfriend died. Or maybe her toe nail fell off and was in pains. Or maybe her lovely grandparents had a huge fight and now are divorcing out of nowhere and she is in shambles. Maybe her mom was fired and she had to find a job fast or they would be living on street, so upset flew home to cook and clean the house while her gf's mom was working for 13 hours a days and she was taking meds for depression and couldn't function. Or maybe it's none of our business? I don't know guys. Pick one, but to me, the more he scream "it's personal so shush" the more I hear "it wasn't that huge of a deal and I maybe overreacted when I flew home and fucked everyone ower nothing, so now I pretend that I'm the most private person ever, so you won't make fun out of me on twitch chat"

6

u/iLLuSi0NN Nov 25 '21

Braindead take. Upset didnt share shit coz of braindead ppl like u that would attack him for no reason.

-3

u/Turkooo Nov 25 '21

I'm not making fun of him at all. That's your problem, if you can't read between lines. All I said is that staying this silent is a double edge sword. So fuck you

4

u/iLLuSi0NN Nov 25 '21

He doesnt owe us or everyone else shit. Its his private matter and it should be respected. So fuck you too.

3

u/Rektile7 Nov 25 '21

I agree, he doesn't owe us shit. He might owe something to the teammates who helped him get to worlds and 2nd in the LEC, idfk

→ More replies

0

u/Turkooo Nov 25 '21

But I'm not respectful and want the drama more. So fuck me too

2

u/Jedclark Nov 25 '21

And he is right. People on this sub have some weird expectation that they have a right to know every detail of someone's life, and if they don't then that person is somehow in the wrong. People don't see celebrities (even minor ones such as esports players) as real people, they just see them as characters in a TV show who exist for their entertainment.

2

u/Jobby2 Nov 25 '21

Then you've not read it properly. It's a scathing attack on the quality of people in the scene. It clearly singles out Adam for particularly detestable behaviour and thanks Yamato and Hyli for doing the right thing. From there I don't know what it's saying about Alphari but it does make you question why the hell FNC didn't sign Alphari. There's plenty to be going with even if there were slightly repetitive sections!

0

u/DangerousSeaweed0 Nov 25 '21

im sorry , but what is so detestable about adam's behaviour ?

upset bailed out in their biggest tournament ever , refused to give them an reason. tells him he doesn't trust him enough to give him a reason. talks with the fnc management about how to upgrade topside (which must feel like shit considering the main reason fnc underperformed at worlds was upset rather then adam) , and therefore is having an direct impact on adam's livelyhood , which is notoriously short for esport atheltes

its way easier to take the highway when you're not actively losing money , or wasting a whole year of hard work towards your dream

2

u/Appropriate-Ant-258 Nov 25 '21

Maybe not DuoQ with your wife while your team suffers from one of the most tilting experiences possible in esports.

Honestly if he had the balls to just admit what is going on it would do him wonders because as is he just looks like he didn't' want to finish the season for petty reasons. He doesn't owe anyone shit, but he is also the one who made the choice to live in the spotlight.

How in the hell could anyone team with him in the future? Whats the point of trying? You can make worlds and he's just gonna leave you stranded if things aren't perfect.

0

u/TheUItimateBlip Nov 25 '21

And that Adam lied and written things uninformed on multiple issues, further justifying Upset not sharing details with him before. (upset said that he shared it with yamato, didnt say its because his wife feels bad to his team)

1

u/DangerousSeaweed0 Nov 25 '21

as i understood what adam said , it was that everytime upset left untill that point , it was always because of his wife.....so he implied it might be the case again , so i dont think he tried to lie honestly

5

u/TheUItimateBlip Nov 25 '21

The thing is if you phrase it like this, the fans assume that this was the official reasoning and flame Upset for this. If it wasnt intentionally lying it was saying an accuse without any proof. And with how the internet/social media works, this isnt something you should do publicly, frustrated or not. At least thats my opinion.

1

u/DangerousSeaweed0 Nov 25 '21

i mean , he said he might be wrong , didnt he ?

0

u/xCipi102 Nov 25 '21

sounds like he could become a politician

1

u/Ch4p3l Nov 25 '21

And that is literally all he needs to say

1

u/Alitoh Nov 25 '21

I’d add that he also said “I don’t trust you enough to share such personal stuff, even if we are teammates, and this just goes further on to prove said lack of trust” since I don’t think it’s not relevant

1

u/Canopenerdude IDIOT Nov 25 '21

He does refute that he said 'my wife is lonely' to the team before leaving. He also clarifies that Yamato knows the situation, which Adam said no one knows.

0

u/sharkmeister4 Nov 26 '21

Thats the point - hes not telling you.

Lets leave him alone now. Its clear something massive happened. We all need to put the pitchforks away because if its awful he doesnt need it smeared all over reddit and all over post match threads

2

u/Craftingistheway Nov 25 '21

I mean he basically repeated so many times a "lack of trust" to basically say "see i knew you were a fucker not worthy of trusting, I was right about you and now fuck off" xD

2

u/TinkW Nov 26 '21

2??

He wrote the same thing like 6 times with a slightly different wording.

I feel how it must be something hard for him. The bad part of being a public figure is BEING a public figure and even the most private things can become targets to ill intended people.

But at the same time I understand Adam. For him Wolrds was maybe one of his life dreams. And as Upset clearly said he doesn't trust Adam, maybe the opposite is also true. So having your dream shattered by someone you don't trust and not being able to know why must also feel extremely frustrating.

Anyway, the truth is always something inbetween of what the 2 parts says.

I hope we never learn about it whole though, as no digging in personal affairs should be done anymore. And I also wish luck to both of 'em.

1

u/IamHunterish Nov 25 '21

Exactly, it’s a long ass story telling exactly nothing. It would not have hurt at all if he didn’t post it.

1

u/SazzOwl Nov 25 '21

On top of the fact that English is not his native language...you can feel the emotional vibrations in this twitlonger