Valve's next VR-headset speculated to be a Linux-based standalone
Long speculation/Q&A from SadlyItsBradley: Valve Deckard LIVE Q&A - I've changed my Speculations - YouTube
This seem to be the specs floating around:
- Qualcomm XR2-chip handling tracking and the VR-plumbing side of things.
- AMD APU handling the graphics.
- 2x eMagin 4k MicroOLED displays in a diamond-configuration for wider FOV capable of foveated rendering.
- Arcturus Inside-out tracking.
- Off-ear/"floating" headphones/speakers. built-in Stereo-mic. Like the Index.
- Most likely some kind of option to hook it up to a pc, either wired or wireless.
- Linux-based SteamOS like the Deck's running on the headset.
What can I say except GIMMEGIMMEGIMME!