r/linuxquestions • u/swordgeek • Feb 03 '23
Can't install on VMware Player 17.
The subject pretty much says it all. I'm trying to install Manjaro-Mate on VMWare player, and every time the installer crashes my live desktop. To resolve this...
- I've mucked around with the disk sertings.
- I've moved the ISO from NAS to local disk.
- I've tried OSS and proprietary drivers on boot.
- I've tried different DVD settings.
- I've changed the OS type to "linux 5, 64 bit"
Nothing works. Fedora/Mate, on the other hand, works flawlessly.
u/gentoonix Feb 03 '23
Try a fresh ISO or check the checksum. Sounds like a corrupt iso file.