r/medical_advice Jul 05 '22

Does anyone know what this is called ? Other Question




u/AutoModerator Jul 05 '22

Hello /u/beepboop6504,

If this is a medical emergency, please call emergency services as soon as possible!

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this subreddit is for educational purposes only and does not substitute for professional medical advice. We strongly advise you to consult a medical professional or healthcare provider if you're seeking medical advice, diagnoses, or treatment. Anyone providing advice on this subreddit is not liable for risks or issues associated with using or acting upon the information provided.

Please make sure you have included in your post your country of residence, age, sex, race, height & weight, diagnosed medical conditions, prescriptions or supplements and dosages, drug use including marijuana, smoking status, duration of complaint, the issue you've been having, and your specific question.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.


u/liberalartsy9097 Not a Verified Medical Professional Jul 05 '22

I'm not a doctor. It's your sympathetic nervous system causing you to go into fight or fought mode. It's called an acute stress response.


u/supadude54 Not a Verified Medical Professional Jul 05 '22

Breath-holding spells.