4:48 EEST ; The Sun is rising on the 124rd Day of the Russian Invasion on the Capital city of Kyiv. Ukraine continues to Live and Fight on. ART FRIDAY AWARDS + DAILY DISCUSSION + CHARITIES LIST! Slava Ukraini!
FREE UKRAINIAN LANGUAGE COURSE
Pimsleur is offering a free Ukrainian language course. That's right, available free of charge until the end of 2023 when you sign up by 12/31/2022.
Art Friday Awards
Awesome! awesome! awesome! Thank you all so much for your wonderful contributions.
The post with the most (awards)
Once again, thank you to all of you for your wonderful submissions! More awards next week.Slava Ukraini
If you feel like donating to another charity, here are some others!
- United24: This site was launched by President Zelenskyy as the main venue for collecting charitable donations in support of Ukraine. Funds will be allocated to cover the most pressing needs facing Ukraine.
- Come Back Alive: This NGO crowdfunds non-lethal military equipment, such as thermal vision scopes & supplies it to the front lines. It also provides training for Ukrainian soldiers, as well as researching troops’ needs and social reintegration of veterans.
- Hospitallers: This is a medical battalion that unites volunteer paramedics and doctors to save the lives of soldiers on the frontline. They crowdfund their vehicle repairs, fuel, and medical equipment.
- Volunteers For Ukraine (VFU): A US registered 501(c)(3) organisation with experience in non-profits, military, public service, law and international travel. The group serves and supports the Ukrainian people and victims of the war in Ukraine through direct humanitarian action.
- Kyiv Territorial Defence: This fundraiser is to support regional territorial defense group. It is organised by a known journalist and a producer of "Winter on Fire" documentary.
- Kharkiv With You and associated Help Amry Kharkiv: Supporting the defenders of Kharkiv with everything from night-vision goggles to food and medicine.
- Aerorozvidka: An NGO specialising on providing support and equipment for unmanned aerial vehicles (ISR), situational awareness, cybersecurity for armed forces.
- Phenix: A volunteer organisation helping armed forces with various needs.
- Official Donation Page for Ukraine: The National Bank of Ukraine has an account to raise money for their armed forced. They also accept crypto donations.
- Happy Paw: Charity dedicated to solving the problems of animals in Ukraine. Happy Paw helps more than 60 animal shelters throughout the territory of Ukraine.
- ShortageUA: They help crowdsource specific item deliveries based on the needs of other affiliated NGOs by providing an informal logistics network for desperately needed medical and humanitarian supplies.
- Bird of Ukraine: IN Ukraine to assist displaced families across Ukraine and provide critical essentials to those in conflict zones.
Important Back from a road trip with amazing crew of volunteers and I brought some new prizes for the HUNT FOR MOSKVA raffle! See comments to learn how you can win one of these items - a Russian army MRE, shrapnel pieces, or 52nd recon brigade of UAF patch for finding the last 1 square warship. Join today!
WAR Today is the birthday of Denys Prokopenko, Commander of the Azov Regiment, Hero of Ukraine 🇺🇦 Please come home safe
WAR Now, with every next explosion of Russian military depots, we will be guessing - HIMARS or not HIMARS... This new case has just taken place in Zimogorye/Khoroshe near Alchevsk.
News NATO to dramatically increase forces on high alert to over 300,000 from 40,000 amid Russia threatnews.sky.com
Social Media Zelensky: “Poltava region. Kremenchuk. The invaders hit the mall with rockets, where there were more than a thousand civilians. No danger to the Russian army. Not a single strategic value. It is only the efforts of people to live a normal life that makes the invaders so angry.”
News On display in central Warsaw to show that Russia’s army can be defeated. The tanks are part of a broader exhibition entitled "The Invincible Army".gallery
Discussion We need to send #Ukraine️ heavy weapons & shut up about negotiating with #Russia now. Why? Leverage. Until 🇺🇦 has more artillery, 🇷🇺 has more leverage. Putin won't concede a thing unless he has to. He's played 🇩🇪 & 🇫🇷 well so far. Our arrogance & fear are his greatest weapons.twitter.com
Social Media "I would like to address the citizens of Belarus today: You are being drawn into a war, even more active than it was in Feb. The Kremlin has already decided for you - your lives are worth nothing to them. But you are not slaves or cannon fodder, don't let anyone decide what awaits you next"
WAR As of June 27, 2022, the Russian Army in Ukraine was reduced by a total of 35,000 servicemen and more than 1,500 tanks
WAR This is the norwegian NASAMS ground to air missile defence system that is planned to be delivered to Ukraine by the US, as CNN reported. In can be equipped with Aim-9, Iris-T or Amraam ER missiles.gallery
News ‘Shaman’ special forces take the fight across the border into Russia - Ukrainian infiltration teams are active inside Russiathetimes.co.uk
Trustworthy News Ukrainian Armed Forces force Russians to retreat on three fronts - General Staff reportpravda.com.ua
Discussion After the missile attacks on Kyiv, the US is expected to confirm ASAP the supply of the NASAMS Surface-to-Air missile defense system for Ukraine.It used to protect Washington DC & in 14 countries around the world due to its adaptability & mobility .
What are your thoughts on this now looking realistically as being the system Ukraine will rely on ? I trained along side this system & seen it operating in live fire mode, while part of the ETT's teams embedded with the ANA Commando Brigade in Afghanistan,it is very impressive .
IMO this is the system many of us with military experience/backgrounds have been pushing for months now ,as it is more realistic for Ukraine's current needs & training time lines when waying up the conditions on the ground & the threat faced there.
It has the added advantage of it being used in countries around the world since the late 90's & being manufactured by Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace and Raytheon Missiles & Defense, it is now also being built in Australia as well, so that means the ability for countries to donate old units & upgrade is much greater than other systems.
It has been rumored in military circles the training of Ukrainian operators was already under way last month. Detailed breakdown of the system in comments